With just a few clicks, the digital world has become an indispensable part of our lives, enabling us to connect, learn, and explore. We frequently find ourselves needing to open multiple URLs at once during our regular online activities. Being able to open multiple URLs can help you save time and increase your productivity when researching, managing projects, or just keeping track of your favorite websites. We’ll walk you through ten simple steps in this article to open multiple URLs at once, allowing you to easily and conveniently make the most of your digital experience.
Put the Tab Manager Extension in Place
Using a tab manager extension is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to open multiple URLs at once. These browser extensions come with a variety of features that make opening and managing multiple tabs easier. They are compatible with various browsers. To easily open multiple URLs, just follow these steps:
- Choose a tab manager extension (like Toby for Google Chrome or Tab Mix Plus for Firefox) that works with your browser.
- To add the extension to your browser, click on the extension’s webpage or go to the store.
- After installation, launch the extension and customize it to your liking.
- Add the URLs you want to open simultaneously using the extension’s interface.
- To instantly open all of the URLs in separate tabs, click the “Open all” or a similar button.
Use the Built-in Feature of Your Browser
If you would rather not use third-party extensions, a lot of widely used browsers have a built-in function that allows you to open multiple URLs at once. To make use of this feature, take these actions:
- Launch the browser of your choice, such as Google Chrome.
- Enter the URLs you wish to open in the address bar, separated by commas but omitting the spaces.
- When you hit Enter, the browser will instantly open each of the URLs you entered in a separate tab.
Employ Bookmark Files
Bookmark folders are a great tool for efficiently grouping and opening several URLs that are related to a project or category. The steps to use bookmark folders are as follows:
- Use the bookmark manager in your browser to create a new folder or arrange your current bookmarks into the appropriate folders.
- Put the URLs you wish to open at the same time in the relevant bookmark folder.
- To open all bookmarks in new tabs, perform a right-click on the bookmark folder.
Paste and Copy URLs
The easiest way to access multiple URLs quickly and easily is to use the copy-and-paste method. This is how you do it:
- Type or copy a list of URLs into a different document, starting a new line for each URL.
- Choose every URL and copy it.
- To open each URL in a separate tab, copy and paste it into your browser’s address bar and press Enter.
Employ Web Browsing Instruments
Numerous web browsing tools are available that are specifically made to assist you in managing and opening multiple URLs at once. Here are some well-liked choices:
- Bulk URL opener: A web application that lets you copy a list of URLs and click the “Open URLs” button to open multiple URLs at once.
- URL Opener: A browser add-on that allows you to copy and paste URLs into its interface to open multiple URLs in separate tabs.
- Multiple URL Opener: This browser extension works similarly to URL Opener in that it allows you to import a text file or copy and paste multiple URLs into its interface in order to open them.
Establish a Batch File
If you feel confident with some technical know-how, you can make a batch file that will open several URLs at once. That’s how:
Launch a text editor (like Notepad) and type the code that follows:
- start “Chrome” chromeurl1.com
- start “Firefox” firefoxurl1.com
- start “Edge” edgeurl1.com
- Change “firefoxurl1.com,” “edgeurl1.com,” and “chromeurl1.com” to the URLs you wish to open.
- Save the file as “openurls.bat” or another file with a.bat extension.
- To run the batch file, double-click it. The URLs you specified will open in new browser windows.
Employ bookmark managers online
You can easily store and access your bookmarks from any device with online bookmark managers. You can open multiple URLs at once on some of these platforms. To make use of online bookmark managers, take the following actions:
- Register for an account on a well-known bookmarking website (like Pocket or Raindrop.io).
- Add the URLs you wish to open simultaneously to the bookmark manager manually or by import.
- Choose whether to open a specific folder or all of your bookmarks in new tabs.
Investigate Shortcut Keys
Numerous browsers provide convenient keyboard shortcuts that let you open multiple URLs at once. A few popular shortcut keys are as follows:
- Command + T (Mac) or Ctrl + T (Windows): Opens a new tab.
- Command + K (Mac) or Ctrl + K (Windows): This combo opens the built-in search engine in a new tab.
- Command + Shift + T (Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + T (Windows): Restores the tab that was most recently closed.
Although these shortcut keys are compatible with most browsers, make sure to consult the documentation for your particular browser if you’re looking for additional or browser-specific shortcut keys.
Being able to open multiple URLs quickly is a useful skill that can greatly increase your productivity when using the internet. You can select the strategy that best fits your needs and preferences from the ten methods this article describes. It’s now very simple to open multiple URLs at once, whether you use a batch file, a browser’s built-in feature, or a tab manager extension. Unleash your online potential and relish the ease of quickly and easily accessing numerous websites with a few clicks.